Thursday, April 8, 2010

Race prep in progress

Only a few days left to the half marathon. At least I know I'll PR! I still have this low level stuffy head of some sort, so hopefully it goes away this weekend.

I'm not doing too much of a taper, but I'll cut today's run short, take Friday off, and do a really short run on Sat.

I've got a plan for the race, so hopefully I can stick to it and have a good outcome. The idea is to stay disciplined and keep the pace slow for the first two/three miles, and then slowly ramp up and finish the last 5k as the fastest. We'll see how the hills affect me.

My sherpa, Zack, was planning to come cheer me on, but he has a Jiu Jitsu obligation so he is very disappointed. I told him this isn't really a race but more of a checkpoint, so he's ok with it. Stay posted since my next race is a sprint tri and he's doing the kid version. That should be a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment