Thursday, April 15, 2010

The half marathon is behind me. Very disappointing day, but lots of valuable learning. Where to begin? The race was at 11:00 AM, which is a weird time for me. I made a huge mistake eating only a light breakfast at 7 and then nothing more before the race. Long story short - I was doing fine until about mile 8.5 and then I bonked. There were some trips to the woods (and not for #1!), and the run was basically done. I finished, but slower and in a lot more discomfort than my training runs at this distance.

I admit during the ride home there were some serious doubts about continuing on this journey, I mean if I bonk in a half marathon how am I ever going to go long in a triathlon? But with a few days of perspective and some great folks giving me sound advice, I'm re-energized to get back after it.

I'm also debating adding a triathlon next month to get this taste out of my mouth and taste a little success.

No comments:

Post a Comment