Friday, April 2, 2010

Starting point

I've caught the tri bug after a very eventful first sprint last fall. Race report is here if you want some comedy. My "A" race for this year is a half ironman in September, which is quite a stretch given I'd never run before last fall and couldn't swim with my face in the water until the sprint last year as well.

At this point, my goals for the year are really to avoid any serious injury setbacks and to teach my body what it means to train in this crazy sport, and of course to finish that half iron in a decent frame of mind. I really needed to work on running this winter, so to force myself to stay with it I signed up for a half marathon on April 11.

It's now 9 days until the half marathon. After staying very consistent all winter I'm looking forward to the race to see where my run fitness really is. I've developed a bit of a cold with some nasal drip, so hopefully this will go away quickly - or maybe I'm destined to be sick for all my races!

No comments:

Post a Comment